School Security Personnel: Emergency Management
created by the Colorado School Safety Resource Center, Department of Public Safety
This module is designed as an overview of emergency management in schools.
After completing this module, you will be familiar with:
- The four phases of emergency management: prevention/mitigation, preparedness, response, and recovery
- The importance of planning and using a comprehensive all hazards risk assessment
- A brief overview of the National Incident Management System (NIMS)
- The importance of communication during an emergency and the need to coordinate with first responders
- Available resources
Plan for about 1 hour to complete the course and review the resources.
A printable certificate of completion will be available upon completing the course. To access the certificate:
- Go to the "Home" tab and confirm you are logged in.
- Look for the "Dashboard" box on the right side of the screen.
- Click on "My Certificates" and "View All Certificates." You will see a list of certificates available to you.
- Click on the "Click here for CSSRC Emergency Management certificate" link.
Be sure to complete all interactivity on each page. The course will not allow you to advance prior to completing every interactive element.
We appreciate your feedback! After completing the course, please take a few moments to complete an evaluation at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/JLPHHJB
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment" on the left-hand menu.