Basic Mental Health Awareness for Educators
created by the Colorado School Safety Resource Center, Department of Public Safety
This module is designed as an overview of the most common mental health issues facing students and appropriate classroom strategies.
After completing this module, you will be familiar with:
- Six common groups of disorders that may affect children and youth
- Signs and symptoms students may exhibit
- Behaviors educators may see in the classroom
- Some strategies to assist educators working with these students
- When and to whom you should report your concerns in your district
- Available resources
Plan for about 1 - 2 hours to complete the course and review the resources.
A printable certificate of completion will be available upon completing the course. To access the certificate:
- Go to the "Home" tab and confirm you are logged in.
- Look for the "Dashboard" box on the right side of the screen.
- Click on "Certificates" and "View All Certificates." You will see a list of certificates available to you.
- Click on the "Click here for CSSRC Basic Mental Health certificate" link.
Be sure to complete all interactivity on each page. A certificate is not available without completing every interactive element.
Videos are included to supplement the material presented in this course. Please find the videos from this course at the following locations:
We appreciate your feedback! After completing the course, please take a few moments to complete an evaluation at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TYWQW6S.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties, please check your computer capability: click the Help tab in the TRAIN navigation bar, then click "Test Your Environment" on the left-hand menu.